Perth’s Swan River neatly dissects our beautiful city, splitting us into two distinct areas: South of the River and North of the River. Over the years there’s been contention over which is better, and we’re not here to persuade you either way (although, we are Southie’s in location). We love all of Perth.
For those of you not so familiar with the northern suburbs but who are interested in exploring some magnificent coastal or scenic hill locations, we’ve rounded up our 7 favourite northern suburbs to watch.
1. Subiaco: close to the city with a bustling restaurant and nightlife scene, Subi has undergone a dramatic overhaul in the last ten years. Perfect for those seeking a stylish, low maintenance, inner-city-feel apartment or an established character home, this dynamic suburb is set to become a central hub of fashion and food.
2. Leederville: just north of the city, Leederville contains a variety of restaurants, parks and boutiques – a melting pots of flavours and experiences. From lock and leave apartments to older established homes, Leederville is vibrant and exciting.
3. Inglewood: with its close proximity to Beaufort street and the city, this older, established suburb features beautiful old houses scattered throughout newer developments. Close enough to the city to feel urban, but a great place to raise kids, this suburb has it all.
4. Kalamunda: you’ll gasp at the views from the top of the Zig Zag – the city skyline is stunning in relief against the rolling Perth hills. With hundreds of scenic walking and mountain bike trails to choose from, Kalamunda’s large block sizes, country town vibe and weekend markets create a true sense of community, just 30 mins from the city.
5. Sorrento: this well-established suburb contains some magnificent properties boasting incredible views. Imagine waking up every morning and walking along the coast for a coffee at Voyage Kitchen, or from Finn at Finn’s Café at the Sorrento Surf Life-saving club.
6. Hillary’s: with the boat harbour on your doorstep, quick access to the freeway and public transport, Hillary’s is a wonderful choice for those wanting a sea-change at a slightly more affordable price point.
7. Ocean Reef: with works already started on the Ocean Reef Marina (set for completion in 2025) buying in this gorgeous suburb could be a fantastic investment. The Marina is likely to become a northern hub and we predict property prices will soar once it is finished – so best to get in quick.
If you’re thinking of moving north of the river, or just considering moving to a different suburb in the north, we hoped this article has helped. And remember, C&R Settlements can help with all your residential and Perth property settlement needs.
Our commitment to quality means we keep you involved and informed every step of the way. We’re proud to offer a mobile service for clients unable to sign documentation in our office, and we’re available after hours and on weekends on request. Contact us today for more information.