We are so lucky here in Western Australia to be blessed with endless places to call home. From the rugged natural beauty of Margaret River to the fast-paced urban environment of Perth CBD, it can be challenging to decide where to live. Urban life is quite different from country living, but whether you’re thinking of moving to Mandurah, Busselton, or Subiaco, each locale offers plenty of advantages.
Let’s have a look at the two in more detail.
City Life: Pros and Cons
- Transportation: Perth’s public transport system is excellent, with the train line extending as far south as Mandurah. The Yanchep line will open next year, allowing those living in the north to get to the city in 40 mins.
- Restaurants: Perth boasts a diverse population, resulting in a wide range of cuisine choices, typically within walking distance of each other.
- Shopping: From Tiffany, Chanel, and Louis Vuitton near King Street in Perth’s CBD to the brand-new Karrinyup Shopping centre in the northern suburbs, metropolitan Perth has plenty of shopping options.
- Job Opportunities: There are more career opportunities in the city as the CBD houses plenty of big companies looking for recruits.
- Lack of Community: If you live in the centre of the CBD, it can often feel like there is a lack of community feel.
- Expensive Lifestyle: The cost of living in the city is often higher than in the country.
County Life: Pros and Cons
- Natural Landscapes: You’ll be surrounded by the stunning natural landscape of WA. From the iconic Busselton Jetty to the towering trees of Karri Valley, you’ll be immersed in the beauty of nature.
- Community Feel: The smaller population in country towns often means more of a community feel to living in the country.
- Clean Air: there’s less pollution
- Fewer Transport Links: Public transport is not as regular further from the city.
- Lack of Facilities: You’ll likely have to travel to get to big food shops and restaurants.
There’s no time like the present
If you are considering a location change, now is a great time to make a move. Interest rates are low, and the Perth and regional property market are strong. C&R Settlements are available to help with your Southwest or urban property settlement. And don’t forget, if the thought of moving is a little overwhelming, C&R Settlements can help.
Why choose C&R Settlements for your property settlement in Perth or the Southwest?
If you are looking for an experienced and friendly Perth settlement agency, call C&R Settlements today at (08) 6424 9788. We act as settlement agents from Busselton, Margaret River, and Mandurah to all across Perth.
Contact us today for a quote or talk about how we can help you find your perfect city or country home.